Friday, April 5, 2013
It's that time of year again. I've been mulling over my decision to start blogging again and trying to decide what that would look like. When I checked my email this morning, I found my 5 minutes for mom newsletter announcing that the Ultimate Blog Party starts today! What better way to kick off a new blog than with new friends??
Since most of the people reading this will be totally new and know nothing about me, I'm going to make my UBP post an "About Me" list. In no particular order....
1. My name is Jeanine.
2. I accepted Christ as my Savior in 2004 and my life hasn't been the same since!
3. I have 5 children. (3 boys and 2 girls)
4. I'm a stay at home mom.
5. I homeschool my kids. (currently in 9th, 1st, K and pre-k). We are finishing up our 6th year.
6. I have been married to my best friend since July 2004.
7. We make homemade wine.
8. I enjoy learning about survival skills and self-sustaining practices.
9. I love to read. I'll read anything. Magazines, non-fiction, fantasy, do it yourself, cookbooks, cereal boxes, etc......
10. I want to be a scrapbooker. I collect things to do it, but I just don't have the time.
11. I like chefville on facebook.
12. The bachelor/bachelorette is my reality tv guilty pleasure.
13. I enjoy playing board games. All kinds. Kids games with the family or "grown up" games with friends.
14. My favorite subject to teach my kids is history. Real history. Particularly American history.
15. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie.
16. I am following the book "Trim Healthy Mama" (THM) eating plan.
17. I've lost 43 lbs since this time last year (20 in 12 weeks on THM).
18. I love coffee. With stevia and 1/2 and 1/2 or a swirl of heavy cream. Simple indulgences.
19. Dark chocolate is my favorite candy.
20. I enter a lot of online sweepstakes and I've won some pretty cool stuff (including the $97 diaper bag that I've used for 3 of my 4 little ones.)
21. When DH and I get to go out, we enjoy going to dinner and the gun range.
22. I moved so much when I was growing up that I went to 9 different schools. Now I live in the house that my husband grew up in! (he's lived in the same place since he was 2!)
23. I like to cook. It's relaxing to me.
24. I hate to clean. It's a necessary evil in my opinion. One of the perks of having lots of hands around the house.....I have lots of help!
25. My dream vacation would be to go to Israel and walk where Jesus did.
26. I've never been farther west than Illinois.
27. My favorite number is 27 :)
Please leave a comment so I can be sure to check out your blog too! Then hop over to the UBP to find more bloggy friends.